Tuesday 27 January 2009

The Learning has begun . . .

Not too many exciting things have happened since I "blogged" last time but I've been couch ridden by Lauren this afternoon because surprise, surprise, I've hurt myself. No worries, I'm just a clumsy fool and dropped a liter of Coke on my toe so well it hurts.

But that's alright cuz now I have time to catch up on here!



Today is Tuesday and its my first day of classes because I don't have any classes scheduled on Mondays! : )





A Bunch of us GLS kids! oh and Anwar. ->


I've only gone to one class so far but I already noticed so many differences. I went to Introduction to Hospitality Management this morning at ten except class didn't start till 20 minutes after the hour cuz the teacher was late and unfased. Hmm . . . well anyways there are only 6 other kids in my class. Two from Russia, one from China, and three Cypriots so I guess I blended in. It still feels weird to introduce myself as "being from America", usually thats understood. But anywho, the teacher seemed nice enough and very laid back. Class was short but I managed to make a new friend on my very first day! Her name in Angela and she has always lived here in Cyprus but her mom is from Pennsylvania and she wants to study in New York! So I spent the rest of my morning with her and actually I think she is my first Cypriot friend. So I'm off to a good start. I have my Greek class tonight at 6 probably mostly with Americans but you never know here.

Oh I almost forgot to tell you about yesterday. Well it was great! I borrowed Anwar's bike for the afternoon while everyone was cooped up inside and I set out to explore. I was probably gone for a little over two hours. I tried to get lost but my keen sense of direction prevented that from happening. It was fantastic being outside in shortsleeves all afternoon soaking in the sun. This is what they call "Winter". Its insane. Its not humid at all, just beautiful. I rode mostly through some residential neighborhoods and found a park or too. And some bike paths that I would take for awhile and then they would suddenly stop but I guess thats a "Welcome to Cyprus" moment.



The picture to the right - > thats right. I self timered it! Thanks for all the skills Baby!






Oh and I think Kelley and I convinced our neighbor, Martin, to take us to the beach next weekend even though he claims we are insane and that the beaches are closed. We just want to get our toes in the sand! Also, the water temperature in their "Winter" is slightly warmer than the Jersey shore ever gets. Bottom line . . . can't wait!


I guess I'll go sit on our balcony now and read and soak in the warmth! Haha. Hope you are all enjoying your slush! Love everyone!



I know some of the pictures are random but I wanted to share them anyways!



Oh and I hope you enjoy a sampling of my artistic abilities that can be seen below!


Click on the one below to see everything I labeled for you!!!






















Casa de Gatos!!!!!


Thanks for being sprised I can ride a bike Mishy > : o

1 comment:

  1. haha my bad i just couldn't for the life of me imagine your little princess self on a bike, not your style. i love you anyway though <3

    ReplyDelete